FAQ - SERVICE INTERVAL CHANGE
1. How will the extended service intervals affect the wear and tear on my car parts?
It doesn’t. Your parts are subject to the same warranty and the service intervals have been adjusted according to the required part lifespans. As a result, there will be no added risk to component longevity.
2. What happens if a vehicle part needs to be replaced before my service date? Am I responsible for the payment of this?
No. Any parts that need to be replaced from routine wear and tear will still be covered under your maintenance plan.
3. Does the 12 month service interval take preference over mileage done on my vehicle?
26 000km or 12 months, whichever occurs first is applicable.
4. How do I check if my car is affected by the change?
Please call your dealership to confirm, you’ll need to quote your VIN number in order to verify if you are affected. Alternatively please contact Jaguar Land Rover South Africa at firstname.lastname@example.org
5. I would like to continue to service my car every 6 months as per my original plan, can I, and what are the implications?
No, however, should you wish to service in line with arduous condition requirements of 12 000km or 6 months this would be at your own expense.
6. Will the extended service intervals have an effect on my vehicle’s resale price?
No, your maintenance plan and warranties remain unchanged except for the service intervals. As a result the overall cost of ownership is reduced, therefore improving future resale.
7. If I miss a service what grace period do I have on the mileage or the month?
You have a grace period of 1 month before or after the required service date or 2 000km before or after the mileage service requirement, again, whichever occurs first.