Last Updated: 28th January 2021.
A cookie will typically contain the name of the domain from which the cookie has come; the "lifetime" of the cookie; and a value, usually a randomly generated unique number. Two types of cookies are used on this website:
1. Session Cookies, which are temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file of your browser until you leave the site
2. Persistent Cookies, which remain in the cookie file of your browser for much longer (though how long will depend on the lifetime of the specific cookie). How cookies are used on this site and what information is collected.
Session Cookies are used:
- To allow you to carry information across pages of our site and avoid having to re- enter information.
- Within registration to allow you to access stored information.
Persistent Cookies are used:
- To help us recognise you as a unique visitor (using a number, you cannot be identified personally) when you return to our website.
- To allow us to tailor content or advertisements to match your preferred interests or to avoid showing you the same adverts repeatedly.
- To compile anonymous, aggregated statistics that allow us to understand how users use our site and to help us improve the structure of our website. We cannot identify you personally in this way.
2. WE ALSO USE THIRD PARTY COOKIES
The JLRSA websites also give effect to third parties cookies. These are used for the following purposes:
- To serve advertisements on our site and track when these advertisements are clicked on by users.
- To control how often you are shown a particular advertisement. T o tailor content to your preferences.
- To count the number of anonymous users of our site.
- To provide security within shopping baskets or transactions.
Some of JLRSA Web pages may contain electronic images known as Web Beacons (sometimes known as clear gifs) that allow us to count users who have visited these pages.
Web Beacons collect only limited information which includes a cookie number; time and date of a page view; and a description of the page on which the Web Beacon resides.
We may also carry Web Beacons placed by third party advertisers.
These Beacons do not carry any personally identifiable information and are only used to track the effectiveness of a particular campaign.
4. PIXEL TAGS
We may use "pixel tags," which are small graphic files that allow us to monitor the use of our websites. A pixel tag can collect information such as the IP (Internet Protocol) address of the computer that downloaded the page on which the tag appears; the URL (Uniform Resource Locator) of the page on which the pixel tag appears; the time the page containing the pixel tag was viewed; the type of browser that fetched the pixel tag; and the identification number of any cookie on the computer previously placed by that server. When corresponding with you via HTML capable e-mail, we may use "format sensing" technology, which allows pixel tags to let us know whether you received and opened our e-mail.
5. LIST OF COOKIES
Here's a list of the main cookies we use, and what we use them for. You'll find information about 3rd party cookies on the next tab.
|PDS_changeset||Enables personalised content such as displaying specific vehicle content we believe users may be interested in based on the previous pages they have visited.|
|PDS_data||Enables personalised content such as displaying specific vehicle content we believe users may be interested in based on the previous pages they have visited.|
|PDS_outbox||Enables personalised content such as displaying specific vehicle content we believe users may be interested in based on the previous pages they have visited.|