JAGUAR LAND ROVER SA WEBSITE PRIVACY NOTICE Privacy Notice Last Updated: 28th January 2021.
1. WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT TO SEE FROM READING THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
Jaguar Land Rover Automotive PLC, (JLR Group/ our group) whose registered office is at: Abbey Road, Whitley, Coventry CV3 4LF, and whose registered number is: 1672070, who has operations in South Africa, is one of the world’s leading producers of premium cars. Innovation and design give our customers experiences they love for life – anticipating and exceeding their needs and expectations. Quality and excellence are our hallmarks. Taking care of our customers is paramount. We respect the privacy of every individual who visits our websites, including those in South Africa.
This Privacy Notice explains how we use personal data received from our websites located in South Africa and other sources set out below, and informs you of your data protection rights when using these websites in South Africa.
2. WHO WE ARE
When we refer to ‘Jaguar Land Rover SA’, ‘JLRSA’ ‘we’ ‘our’ or ‘us’ in this Privacy Notice, we refer to: Jaguar Land Rover South Africa (Pty) Limited, (JLRSA) who whose registered office is at: 28 Victoria Link Route 21 Corporate Park Nellmapius Drive Irene X30 Centurion Tshwane Gauteng South Africa, and whose registered number is: 2001/027269/07.
3. WHICH WEBSITES ARE COVERED BY THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
This Privacy Notice covers the South African JLR websites, (JLRSA websites) which include the Jaguar South African websites and the Land Rover South African websites and or any Jaguar and / or Land Rover retailers or dealership websites operating in South Africa. To be transparent, when you visit a JLR website not covered by this Privacy Notice, these may be controlled by other JLR group entities, or by a third party acting on our group’s behalf. We encourage you to check the JLRSA Privacy Notice link at the bottom of the various JLRSA websites you are visiting to see the Privacy Notice provisions.
2. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT FROM THE JLRSA WEBSITES
Our JLRSA websites serve primarily as information portals to help you better understand our cars, products and services. We also, however, offer a number of website functions that collect information from users, which you provide to us when you ask to be kept informed, to be added to lists, events or experiences, or when you buy goods or book or request services. This information includes personal information or data belonging to you, which list is not exhaustive, such as your name, identity or passport number, address, contact details, (e.g. email, postal address and phone/mobile number), vehicle registration and identification number or VIN, contract details with JLRSA, service plans and requirements, service and repair history, car preferences and related requirements, financial means, credit card/payment details and banking details where payments are made to us, credit history, device information, marketing preferences, occupation, driving licence details, vehicle data and general information etc.
3. HOW DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION VIA THE JLRSA WEBSITES
The main ways we collect information from our websites include the following examples, which are not exhaustive:
- When you visit, or use and interact with our websites, for example to take steps to request or use any of our online-available services (including but not limited to website shops, or our experiences), where you find out more about an event or experience or where you request any other information;
- When you enter into personalised web areas and use our websites as a way to engage with us, as a place where you can ask for personalised reminders, receive information about your vehicle, and/or request vehicle service or other information to be notified to you;
- When you provide information to or interact with any of JLRSA careers pages;
- When you contact us (via contact details or forms made available on our websites), or send us correspondence.
- Vehicle related data from independent third party sources: When you own a Jaguar or Land Rover vehicle, information connected with you and your vehicle (including the vehicle identification number or VIN) may be shared as is appropriate between our network of retailers, repairers, importers, credit providers and credit hire product providers, and used to inform any personalised web areas you register to receive. The information that is shared will depend on factors like who you have bought your vehicle from and the services that you request from us throughout the period of your vehicle ownership. Please visit Section 5 (Who we share personal data with) below to find out more. Please also visit our separate InControl terms and privacy policies (here for Jaguar: https://incontrol.jaguar.com and here for Land Rover: https://incontrol.landrover.com) for more information on vehicle data.
- Third party support services: For the performance of our website services and to allow us to maintain appropriate records and to support ongoing queries, we may receive data about you or your website activities from our group or affiliated companies or third party providers (e.g. to confirm website payments, to track website order deliveries, to appropriately update our data records and to support website maintenance). More information on our categories of suppliers is provided at Section 5 (Who we share personal data with) below.
- Marketing data: Your contact details, marketing preferences or other information may be shared with us by retailers or other third parties partners, where there is appropriate notice and in compliance with applicable data protection laws. You have the right to ask us not to use your personal data for marketing purposes. Please see your data protection rights at Section 8 (Your data protection rights) below for further information on these. • Public sources of data: We may use public sources of data, for example, to support website functionality (e.g. to support authentication or fraud checks), and/or to maintain the accuracy of the data we hold.
- Website: We receive information you provide to us in your use of our websites, for example, when you add information to online forms or to data fields on our websites. We may also receive information from you by other online means, for example, if you comment on our social media pages. This will be the information that is visible to you, and may include your name, occupation, contact information (e.g. email, postal address and phone/mobile number), credit card/payment details, driving licence details, vehicle data and general information you decide to share such as your experience with Jaguar Land Rover products and services.
- Device data: Our websites automatically take certain device information in order to optimise your website experience (for example, allowing our website to automatically adapt screen size as appropriate for the device you are using to browse the website). This data also supports our website analytics.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ) -
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS TO ME OF JLRSA COLLECTING MY INFORMATION?
At JLRSA, we intend to give you as much control as possible over your personal information. In general, you can visit JLRSA on the website without telling us who you are or revealing any information about yourself. There are times, however, when we may need information from you, such as your name and address. It is our intent to let you know before we collect information from you on the Internet.
Even before registration we will collect anonymous information about how you have used the JLRSA website. This is a common standard procedure for any website on the Internet. The information collected does not personally identify you but may be helpful to us for marketing purposes or improving the services we provide. To improve the services we provide we will also collect anonymous information about the referring website (for example Google search) or the referring banner which lead you to the JLRSA websites.
If you choose to give JLRSA your personal information via the Internet that we may need to correspond with you or provide you with a subscription, for example - it is our intent to let you know how we will use such information. If you tell us that you do not wish to have this information used as a basis for further contact with you, we will respect your wishes.
HOW WILL JAGUAR COLLECT AND STORE THIS INFORMATION?
JLRSA can collect information about you in a number of ways; either directly requesting it from you (as on a registration form) or by automatically recording information about your visit to its websites. For example we might collect data regarding your journey through the websites or record the options that you have chosen to take. JLRSA may also collect your data via third party sites or platforms such as Twitter, but JLRSA will only use reputable third party platforms in order to collect your data and will ensure that it takes all practicable steps to ensure the security of your data once it has passed to us from the control of the relevant third party but the third party will be liable for the security of your data until the completion of the transfer process.
Information is stored in a secure environment protected by a combination of physical and technical measures. There is no general public access to this information.
JLRSA will store this information in a secure and protected environment for as long as we believe it will better help us to understand how we can serve you, and respect your wishes.
In addition legislation might oblige us to store this information for a certain period of time. To understand how you can amend, or update information stored about you then please refer to the appropriate question in this section.
WHERE WILL YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION BE STORED?
JLR operates in many countries across the world. To enable us to offer consistent service to you, our customers, wherever you may be, we manage our Internet sites from one central site. This is currently in the United States of America.
There is not one set of data protection law that covers both Europe and the United States of America, and the European laws require you to give your unambiguous consent to us before we can transfer and store your personal data in the United States. We need this information to help us improve our services to you; we want to make it easier to tailor our products and services to your particular needs.
WHO DOES THE JLRSA PRIVACY NOTICE APPLY TO?
It applies to websites designed for the use of individual consumers and corporate visitors.
JAGUAR'S COMMITMENT TO CHILDREN'S PRIVACY
Protecting the privacy of children is important. For that reason, we never collect or maintain information at our web site from those we actually know are under 18.
HOW DO I CORRECT INFORMATION ABOUT MYSELF?
Our JLRSA websites have an area where you may update the Personal Information you have submitted.
WHAT ABOUT INTERNET & SITE SECURITY?
The Internet is not a secure system and you should always be cautious about the information you disclose whilst on-line. Personal Information collected by JLRSA websites is stored in secure operating environments that are not available to the public. In some cases, the Personal Information is encrypted before you conduct your transaction, using appropriate secure technology.
WHAT HAPPENS IF I CHOOSE NOT TO REGISTER?
If you choose not to register or provide personal information, you will in most cases still be able to use most of the JLRSA websites. However you will not be able to access areas that require registration. Even if you do not register we will sometimes collect anonymous information about how you have used the JLRSA websites. This is information that does not personally identify you but which may be helpful for marketing or improving the services we offer.